» Information Technology
» Interaction Designer
Interaction Designer - dreamworx.in
15 Dec, 2011
Desired Candidate Profile
- Bachelor's degree; prefer a degree in user experience design, communications design, information technology, or library science, but a related degree is acceptable if there is a keen interest in user experience field and willingness to learn.
- Ability to assess, organize, categorize and label content required.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills required. Must be able to present to a variety of audiences. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications required.
- Knowledge of common web technologies, and the methods and practices of constructing sites needed.
- Knowledge of and experience with one or more of the following would be an advantage: eMarketing, social marketing, mobile usability, taxonomy or search optimization.
- POSITION SUMMARY
- The Web Information Architect/ Interaction designer would be responsible for researching and designing optimal web experiences for client web sites. Working closely with a web design project team, the IA/ID will plan and execute research activities to define the audience(s) for each site or application, and then design a site structure and/or experience that meet the needs of the identified users. He/she will produce documentation that explains the future site/application to clients and to the project team. The person in this position will serve as a resource within the Web department and consult on best practices and specific solutions for web usability, user research, and user experience design.
- TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF INFORMATION ARCHITECT / INTERACTION DESIGNER
- Projects may involve some or all of the activities mentioned below based on project
- For already existing sites, review and analyze site analytics reports for insight into user behavior and evidence of usability issues; review site architecture, navigation, and functional components for usability issues and make recommendations for correction.
- Where relevant, research and analyze competitor or leading sites in a particular field.
- Plan and conduct (or manage consultants or specialists conducting) user research activities such as user surveys, user interviews or focus groups, in-person or remote usability testing, card sorts, design workshops and other sessions with users or clients as needed.
- Write (or review and give input to) user research deliverables including analytics reports, heuristic reviews, survey/interview results reports, focus group reports, content analyses, and personas.
- Conduct inventories of site content (or site data) and analyze for organization, age and relevance; make recommendations for new or revised content.
- Organize/categorize content and interactive features and plan site structure.
- Plan site labeling, navigation and messaging; produce documentation of navigation scheme for project team to follow.
- Plan screen layouts; produce wireframes for client sign-off and for hand off to a visual designer; prepare language/messaging for screens when needed.
- Design the user experience for interactive features; write use cases, requirements and technical specifications, and/or produce interaction flows or other documentation for developers to follow.
- Identify and define content types for implementation of a content management system if applicable.
- Review and give input to content, visual designs, coded pages and applications, advocating for the end user as needed.
- Identify and take steps to resolve usability and accessibility issues as they arise during the project life-cycle.
- Make presentations to clients on research results and design recommendations as needed.
dreamworx.in is an information design company specializing in creating Customer Experience Management Solutions, Brand Identity in the online space. Our service offerings include Information Architecture, Interaction Design, UI Design & Specifications, Usability Evaluation and Online Branding.
Company Name :
1596 J Block, 5th street, Tirumangalam, Annanagar(w), Chennai 600 040
Mail your Resume to email@example.com. Or call Nandha @ 979 100 7615
Email Address :